We’re formally rolling out our latest project, SGFWiki.org, a community wiki that anyone with an account can edit.
This site is designed to let anyone tell stories about the community — about the places you frequent, the schools you attend, the organizations you’re a part of. Think of it as an online encyclopedia about and for the Springfield area.
The best place to start: Think about what you tell visitors about our community. What are the places you take them to? What are the bits of trivia you share? Where do you go to celebrate and entertain?
As you write your posts, be sure to:
- Be accurate. Please keep entries factually based, with links to supporting evidence and footnotes. Also, make sure you have permission to use the photos you upload or embed here. The goal is to develop an accurate encyclopedia of the Springfield metropolitan area that will benefit the community.
- Be specific. Dig up specific dates, ages, addresses, etc. Avoid using adjectives that characterize (“greatest,” “worst,” “amazing,” etc.); use details to describe the background of people and places.
- Be supportive. When editing existing entries, please explain your changes.
- Be watchful. Check out the Recent Changes tab frequently. Make sure others’ changes make sense and improve the quality of our content.
- Use templates. For business, places, or restaurants, use a template as your starting point. Consider creating new templates for other categories.
I hope you’ll consider sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.