Today, Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 93. After today,the temperature begins to cool down.
Tonight is a chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 72.
Friday will have an 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. High near 81 and low around 55.
Saturday is sunny and clear with a high near 73 and lows around 52.
- News-Leader:Landmarks board rejects request to raze Walnut Street homes. ZX NewTech LLC, which bought the houses at 1040 and 1046 E. Walnut St. on July 31, had sought the board’s permission to raze the lots to make way for a 48-bed apartment complex.Springfield’s Landmarks Board decided Wednesday as it rejected a request for a demolition permit. .
- KY3: Federal grant money going to rural Missouri hospitals for Internet access. Grants are going to hospitals in Albany, Carrollton, Dexter, Ellington, El Dorado Springs, Fredericktown, Hayti, Marshall, Milan, Osceola and Potosi to improve the telemedicine capabilities of the hospitals and their affiliated clinics to connect patients with medical specialists located elsewhere. (Other Coverage: KSPR)
- KSMU: MODOT accepting bids from farmers for cutting hay. A highway median on Route 60 in Webster County is much wider than the typical median. And it’s a lot of work for maintenance crews to mow. So this year, with the need for hay up, MODOT is seeking bids from area producers wanting to cut hay for their cattle.
- OzarksFirst: Plan to allow deer hunting in Branson city limits gets mixed reaction. The City of Branson has a deer problem to the tune of 25 accidents each year. And a proposed ordinance would address the problem by letting Branson residents hunt deer, carefully, within the city limits.
- KY3: Ozarks Food Harvest uses September to educate public on hunger. Ozarks Food Harvest is trying to raise awareness about hunger in the Ozarks this month by introducing “30 Ways in 30 Days.” Today, that includes wearing the color orange.
- [Jobs]OzarksFirst: More teachers For SPS, open houses tonight. Tonight, open houses will be held at Springfield public high schools. Middle schools will hold open houses one week from tonight, on September 13.
Filed under: Uncategorized |