Patchy fog before 9am this morning, then sunny and hot, with a high near 95.
Tonight is mostly clear with a low around 71.
Tuesday is a repeat of Labor Day with mostly sunny skies and hot temperature of a high near 95.Tuesday evening will be partly cloudy with a low near 71.
The chance of showers and thunderstorms has been pushed to Wednesday. Partly sunny and hot, with a high near 93.
- OzarksFirst: Motorcycle ministries gather in Springfield. Event organizers say this is a one-of-a-kind opportunity in southwest Missouri.
- News-Leader: Annual Springfield Labor Day Parade. Springfield’s annual Labor Day Parade starts at 10 a.m. today, and will be followed by a picnic and car show in Fassnight Park, including appearances by state and local politicians and candidates. (Other coverage: OzarksFirst)
- KSPR:Recent rain leads to increase in City Utilities water level. Two straight days of rain have led to the first increases in weeks for City Utilities water level.
- KY3: Hemp Festival is underway in Springfield. Organizers say the Hemp Festival is to educate people about marijuana and hemp. Several speakers have been booked to talk on issues such as the medical applications of pot, the use of hemp in manufacturing, and legalizing marijuana. (Other coverage: OzarksFirst, News-Leader)
- KSPR: New brewery to open in Springfield. Plans are underway for a third craft beer brewing company in Springfield.It’s called White River Brewing Co. and is located on Commercial Street.
Filed under: Business, City Government, Crime, Economy, Missouri Attorney General, Stone County | Tagged: Attorney General Chris Koster, City Charter, city council, Crosslines, food bank, initiative petitions, Stone County Sheriff's Department |