Today, showers and thunderstorms likely before 1 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 81.
Thunderstorms in the area this evening through tomorrow evening. Tonight, a low near 69. Monday will be a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 87.
- KY3: The 3rd Annual Cherish Kids River Run was held August 25, 2012. Cherish Kids is an organization whose purpose is to raise awareness of children in foster care and in need, offer resources to those interested in helping kids in foster care/adoption, and provide support to those who want to help. (Other coverage: OzarksFirst
- OzarksFirst: Evangel students provide a helping hand to Convoy of Hope. Four hundred new students from Evangel University pitched in at Convoy for Hope as part of their service opportunity back to school tradition.
- News-Leader: What will City Council do? The proposal to expand Springfield’s nondiscrimination ordinance to include sexual orientation and gender identity has stoked passions on both sides of the issue
- KY3: Local American Red Cross sends volunteers to Florida to help those displaced by Isaac. Seventeen volunteers went to Florida with dozens on standby. Convoy of Hope has three trucks loaded filled with food and supplies. Their volunteers leave Sunday morning.
- KSPR: Neil Armstrong passes away at 82. A statement from the family says he died following complications resulting from cardiovascular procedures. (Other coverage: OzarksFirst)