Daily brief (8/25): Top picks from the Springfield media

Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 1p. Cloudy, with a high near 83.

The rain is expected to continue tonight and for the next three days.  Tonight, the low will be 68.

Sunday will have a 70% chance of rainfall with a high near 83 and a low near 68.  Monday has a 30% chance of rainfall with a high near 84 and a low near 64.

Today’s picks

  • KY3: A reason to behave in the classroom – Cents of Pride program.  Students are earning good behavior dollars.
  • KSMU: Carnahan Reminds Missouri Nonprofits to File Registration Reports Online. All reports are due to be filed in Secretary of State Robin Carnahan’s office by Aug. 31.
  • OzarksFirst: Branson Police Raid Tri-Lakes Church and Event Center. Officers served a search warrant likely looking for financial records. The venue gave concert promoters worthless checks, leaving concert goers holding tickets to cancelled shows with no refunds.
  • KSPR: Former First Lady Laura Bush plans speech at College of the Ozarks.  A limited number of tickets will be available for the speech on November 8, at 7 p.m.  The tickets are free of charge and on a first-come, first-serve basis.  Call (417) 690-2240. (other coverage:  KY3)
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: