Hot day in the Ozarks today with a high of 91.
Red flag warning remains in effect from 11am until 8pm. The red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now …or will shortly. A combination of strong winds… low relative humidity… and warm temperatures will create explosive fire growth potential.
Showers and Thunderstorms are likely this weekend.
- [Election]KSPR: Protest planned for Paul Ryan’s fundraiser. Members of the Missouri Progressive Vote Coalition say they are staging a protest at the fundraiser. (other coverage: OzarkFirst,
- KY3: City of Branson collecting items for time capsule. The city wants your help in finding things that will describe what life is like in Branson today to its residents 50 years from now.
- [Job]OzarksFirst: Reminder: KOZL College & Career Fair Today at University Plaza. Dust off the resume for a free job fair from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, August 23, at the University Plaza Hotel Convention Center.
- News-Leader: Nonprofits may lose big without Children in Crisis tax credits. On Aug. 28, the Children in Crisis Tax Credit (CIC) that is designed to increase private giving to Missouri organizations addressing child abuse and neglect expires.
- KSMU: Springfield Residents to Celebrate a Neighborhood Night Out. For the fifteenth year running, neighborhoods around Springfield will be celebrating Neighborhood Night Out, and event aimed at encouraging community involvement and to help curb crime throughout the city. The event is Friday, August 24th. The times vary depending on which neighborhood you’re participating in.
Filed under: Agriculture, Business, Christian County, Crime, Health care, Lakes and rivers, Weather | Tagged: Christian County Health Department, homeless, immunization clinic, Missouri Water Patrol, Missouri wineries |