Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Tonight, mostly cloudy with a low around 67.
Showers and thunderstorms are expected this weekend starting Saturday after 1pm and continuing into Sunday. Weekend temperature will stay in the low 80’s.
The National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook for Springfield and the surrounding counties. Hazardous weather conditions include limited lightening risk and elevated fire weather risk
- News-Leader: Ozarks legend Larry Dixon dies. Larry Dixon, once hosted Presidential candidate Richard M. Nixon here in Springfield, served as a convention delegate for George H. W. Bush and also chaired Greene County’s Republican Party.
- KY3: White squirrels unique to Marionville. White squirrels are not often found in North America, and no one can explain how Marionville ended up with them.
- OzarksFirst: Missouri drought conditions worsen. The latest report from the U.S. Drought Monitor shows conditions for Missouri are worsening, while Arkansas has improved. (Other coverage: News-Leader)
- [Election]KSPR: GOP respond to Paul Ryan’s Springfield visit. Things were heated there for a bit when hotel security told protesters where they could and couldn’t stand and then the sprinklers came on and dampened some signs but not spirits. (Other coverage: News-Leader, KSPR, OzarksFirst)
- KSMU: Volunteers Participate in the Day of Caring with the Ozarks Food Harvest. Ozarks Food Harvest collects and distributes more than 1 million pounds of food monthly to a network of agencies across 28 southwest Missouri counties. (Other coverage: News-Leader)
Filed under: Agriculture, Christian County, City Government, Health care, Missouri Governor, Public safety, Roads and highways, Traffic, Weather, Willard | Tagged: Aid for farmers, Campbell Avenue, downtown Springfield, Gov. Jay Nixon, Heat advisory, state worker rally |