Though it will be another sunny day, a slight chance of thunderstorms will come this afternoon. A high of 92 is expected today, with a slight breeze.
Expect hot, dry conditions the rest of the week: Clear skies and highs in the mid to upper 90s. The next chance of thunderstorms is in Friday’s forecast.
- [Jobs] KY3: T-Mobile hiring 75, job fair today. T-Mobile is expanding its customer-service center, adding 75 jobs, and a job fair begins at 9 a.m. today at its center (2645 N. Airport Plaza). (Other coverage: KSPR)
- News-Leader: Tent Theatre celebrates 50 years. This weekend, Missouri State University’s Tent Theatre celebrated 50 years of bringing live productions to the Springfield area with a reunion that brought back such alumni as actor John Goodman. (Other coverage: OzarksFirst)
- OzarksFirst: City seeking comment on extending development. The Shoppes at James River development on Republic Road at Glenstone, just south of James River Expressway, want to expand to include a permanent farmers market, and the City Council is seeking comment on the proposal.
- [Election] News-Leader: Redistricting creates race for the 130th District.The redrawing of Missouri’s legislative district means Rep. Thomas Long will now move and run for the 130th District seat.
- KSPR: Extension service wants people to share drought information. The University of Missouri Extension Service has set up a Facebook page for people to share their photos and experiences with this year’s drought. The service hopes it will help with the response to the drought.
- KSMU: Arts council working with civility project. The Springfield Regional Arts Council has received a $10,000 grant from the Community Foundation of the Ozarks to measure and reward civility as part of the Be Civil Be Heard project.
Filed under: City Government, Development, Elections, Entertainment, Events, Greene County, Missouri State University | Tagged: 130th District, Be Civil Be Heard, John Goodman, T-Mobile, Tent Theatre, The Shoppes at James River, Thomas Long, University of Missouri Extension Service |