Today will be sunny and clear, with a high of 81. Tonight will remain clear, and the low will dip to 56.
Expect more of the same for the next several days. No rain is in the forecast for the rest of the week. Tomorrow will be sunny as well, with a high of 81. Temperatures will approach the high 80s toward the weekend.
- News-Leader: Voters affirm smoking ban. Springfield voters rejected a proposed repeal of the city’s smoking ban by almost a 2-1 margin. Full results show almost 64% voted to keep the ban in place. (Other coverage: KSMU, KSPR, KY3, OzarksFirst | Voters approve measures in Pleasant View, Fair Grove: OzarksFirst)
- KSPR: National Guard troops preparing for yearlong deployment. Today, a battalion of 245 National Guard troops from around southwest Missouri will leave for Kuwait. A farewell party is planned for 3 p.m. today at Remington’s (1655 W. Republic Road). (Other coverage: OzarksFirst)
- OzarksFirst: Greene County sees spike in fatal crashes. For the first half of 2012, Greene County has had 23 fatal crashes, up from seven for the same period last year. Officials say texting while driving and inattention have contributed to the rise.
- KY3: Regulators approve new boundaries at Lake of the Ozarks. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has approved Ameren Missouri’s plan to adjust its border at Lake of the Ozarks to exclude 1,500 homes from its utility boundary.
- KSPR: Planned outage today for some Hollister customers. About 900 White River Valley Electric Cooperative customers who live in the Emerald Pointe and Big Bear areas near Hollister will experience a power outage for five hours this morning.
Filed under: Elections, Greene County, Hollister, Military, Smoking, Taney County, Traffic | Tagged: Fair Grove, Greene County fatal crashes, Lake of the Ozarks boundary, National Guard deployment, Pleasant View, Springfield smoking ban, Springfield smoking ban repeal, White River Valley Electric Cooperative |