Showers likely today, with a chance of a thunderstorm, mainly after 1 p.m. Otherwise, it will be partly sunny, and a high of 65 is expected.
There’s an 80 percent chance of showers tonight, and tomorrow, a 50 percent chance remains. The clouds will remain, and tomorrow’s high is expected to be 59.
Skies should clear by this weekend, though, with highs in the upper 70s expected.
- OzarksFirst: Greene County flu cases remain high. Greene County health officials say flu cases have spiked recently — later than normal. The Springfield-Greene County Health Department has reported more than 300 cases of flu over the past three weeks.
- News-Leader: Greene County officials talking up law tax before April 3 vote. Greene County officials have been meeting the City Council, the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce, and with citizens to educate the public about the proposed 1/8-cent law-enforcement sales tax. The proceeds would be used to add deputies, and tackle issues at the jail, courts, and prosecutor’s office.
- KSPR: Taney County 911 Board considers consolidation. The 911 Advisory Board for Taney County is proposing that all emergency agencies consolidate their dispatch services into a single location. Officials are meeting 4:30 p.m. today at Hollister City Hall (312 Espalande Drive) to talk about the idea.
- KSPR: City Utilities to meet about bus transfer station. City Utilities will have a public meeting from 5 to 7 p.m. today in the community room of Butler, Rosenbury and Partners (319 N. Main Ave.) to discuss a new location for a proposed bus transfer station.
- KY3: Exhibit of famous Titanic survivor to open today. A descendant of “The Unsinkable” Molly Brown will be at the Titanic Museum in Branson (3235 W. 76 Country Blvd.) at 10 a.m. today to celebrate the opening of an exhibit to honor the famous survivor.
Filed under: Branson, City Utilities, Courts, Entertainment, Events, Greene County, History, Hollister, Taney County | Tagged: City Utilities bus transfer station, flu cases, Greene County law enforcement tax, Springfield-Greene County Health Department, The Unsinkable Molly Brown, Titanic Museum |