Today will be mostly cloudy, and we’ll start the day at the high of 51. The temperature will gradually drop throughout the day to a low of 34 tonight.
No rain is expected, although winds will remain brisk with gusts of up to 26 mph.
Super Bowl Sunday will be partly cloudy but colder, with a high of 43. Monday will be sunny with a high of 47.
- News-Leader: First state survey of high-school injuries gives closer look at concussions. The Missouri State High School Activities Association has compiled its first survey of injuries among high-school athletes, as required by a new 2011 state law. The sports with the most concussions are football and soccer, with cheerleading and girls softball tied for third. (Other coverage: PDF of full MSHSAA report)
- OzarksFirst: Regal Beloit lays off 10 percent of Springfield work force. Regal Beloit, a manufacturer of motors for heating and air-conditioning systems, says it plans to lay off 35-45 employees at its Springfield plant, which employs 350.
- KY3: Missouri Career Center will move into former Price Cutter location. The Price Cutter store at 2900 E. Sunshine St. will close Sunday, but the building won’t remain empty for long. The Missouri Career Center plans to turn the location into a new office.
- News-Leader: Councilmembers come out against E-Verify ordinance. Three members of the Springfield City Council on Friday publicly criticized the proposed E-Verify measure on the Feb. 7 ballot in Springfield. (Other coverage: OzarksFirst)
- KSPR: Neighbors oppose proposed Nixa park. The city of Nixa is buying 34 acres west of Highway 160 for a new park with ball fields, but neighbors nearby are against the proposal.
- KY3: Judge rules new legislative map constitutional. A Missouri state trial judge has upheld the constitutionality of the new legislative district map for the state. (Other coverage: OzarksFirst)
Filed under: Business, City Government, Crime, Economy, Education, Elections, Immigration, Missouri Legislature, Nixa, Parks and recreation | Tagged: Brain Injury Report, Congressional redistricting map, E-Verify proposal, Feb. 7 election, Missouri Career Center, Missouri State High School Athletics Association, MSHSAA, Price Cutter |