Today will start off with a high of 41, and temperatures will drop throughout the day. It will be cloudy throughout the morning, but skies will clear gradually.
Winds will remain gusty, reaching speeds of up to 30 mph. Tonight will be clear and cold, with the low dipping to 16.
Tomorrow will be sunny, with a high of 40. The week will warm gradually, and highs should hit the 50s by Saturday.
- KSMU: MLK celebration praises education, equality. Hundreds of area residents marched through downtown Springfield and attended a talk from Dr. Tererai Trent at Drury University in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. (Other coverage: News-Leader, KY3, OzarksFirst)
- News-Leader: Menards could bring store to Springfield. Menards, the nation’s third-largest home-improvement chain, could come to Springfield, if the City Council approves a plan for the Hickory Hills Marketplace.
- KSPR: Police question suspect in Kickapoo burglary. A 21-year-old man was arrested at 2 this morning after police found him at Kickapoo High School. He is suspected of breaking into the school. (Other coverage: OzarksFirst, KY3)
- OzarksFirst: B.B. King coming to Gillioz. Legendary blues guitarist B.B. King is coming to Springfield’s Gillioz Theatre on March 20. (Other coverage: News-Leader)
- KSPR: Veterans Boulevard bridge temporarily closing in Branson. The Veterans Boulevard bridge over Roark Creek in Branson is being closed this week for evaluation. Drivers should use Branson Landing Boulevard as an alternate route.
Filed under: Branson, Business, Crime, Development, Drury University, Education, Entertainment, Events, Roads and highways, Traffic | Tagged: B.B. King, Gillioz Theatre, Kickapoo High School burglary, Menards, MLK celebrations, Veterans Boulevard bridge |