After a chilly start with temperatures below freezing, today will be sunny, with a high of 50.
Tonight will dip back to 28, but tomorrow will be another nice day, with slightly warmer temperatures as the high hits 55.
Clouds move in Friday, though, with rain expected Saturday.
- OzarksFirst: Petition challenging smoking ban circulating in Springfield. Opponents of Springfield’s smoking ban have begun circulating a petition to repeal the city’s ban, which was passed by voters earlier this year.
- News-Leader: Charitable efforts mean thousands for area organizations. The Price Cutter Charity Championship gave away a record $782,067 this year to 43 local charities at a Tuesday event, while the United Way of the Ozarks announced it had raised more than $3.4 million during this year’s drive. (Other coverage: OzarksFirst)
- KY3: Habitat for Humanity of Springfield trying to build four homes by Christmas. Habitat for Humanity of Springfield is seeking volunteers with an effort to get four families into new homes by Christmas. If you’d like to help, call 829-4001.
- KY3: Number of people using Crosslines up 22%. Crosslines assisted more families through this Thanksgiving than in all of 2010, and now, as the holiday season begins, the Springfield food pantry is seeing more requests for help.
- KSPR: Transportation organization seeking public input. The Ozarks Transportation Organization wants to hear from the public on a proposed amendment to the area’s Transportation Improvement Program. The amendment involves streetscape projects on South Campbell Avenue and at Boonville and Chestnut Expressway.
- KSMU: CFO providing training for area nonprofits. The Community Foundation of the Ozarks has begun a project called the Learning Community to help selected nonprofits improve their operations through areas such as organizational development, community engagement, and improved revenue.
Filed under: Charities, City Government, Roads and highways, Smoking | Tagged: Community Foundation of the Ozarks, Habitat for Humanity of Springfield, Ozarks Transportation Organization, Price Cutter Charity Championship, Springfield smoking ban petition, the Learning Community, United Way of the Ozarks |