Today will be sunny and breezy, with a high of 57.
A red-flag warning has been issued for several Ozarks counties including Greene, Dade, Dallas, Lawrence, and Polk counties, meaning that conditions would be dangerous for outdoor burning.
Clouds will increase tonight, with a slight chance of rain moving into the forecast tomorrow. Saturday will be a little warmer, with a high of 64. Rain chances remain through the beginning of next week, with rain likely Monday and Tuesday.
- OzarksFirst: City working on agreement with Rev. Rice. The city of Springfield is trying to reach an out-of-court agreement with homeless advocate Larry Rice, who has allowed people to set up tents by his organization’s office near downtown Springfield.
- KSPR: Springfield IMAX theater to open this weekend. Showcase Cinemas is opening a new IMAX theater by the site of its Springfield 8 Theaters.
- News-Leader: Story helps officials find homeless man’s family. Authorities located the family of Steve Schell, 57, after a story about his death ran in Tuesday’s paper.
- KY3: Two Springfield women make 1,000 caps for charity. Jan King and Elaine Martin of Springfield made 1,000 stocking caps for Help Give Hope, a local charity.
- KSMU: Askinosie Chocolate launches program to help Philippines. Askinosie Chocolate of Springfield has developed a new product called Tableya to help build a sustainable school-lunch program for students in Davao, Philippines.