It doesn’t matter whether or not you’re a baseball fan: Last night’s Game 6 in St. Louis was a stunner, with the Cardinals pulling it out in the 11th inning with a 10-9 win over the Texas Rangers.
Check out announcer Joe Buck’s homage to his father with the call of the winning home run.
Tomorrow will be sunny and a little warmer, with the high topping the 60-degree mark. Temperatures will gradually warm into the mid-60s into next week. No rain is expected.
- News-Leader: OTC announces seven-figure gift for Hollister campus. Ozarks Technical Community College has received a seven-figure contribution from the Robert W. Plaster Foundation toward the construction of a new $8 million campus project in Hollister.
- OzarksFirst: CU to consider alternate water-tower sites. Neighbors of a proposed water-tower site in southeast Springfield packed Thursday’s meeting of City Utilities’ board, which voted to reconsider alternate sites for a 200-foot water tower. (Other coverage: KY3)
- KSPR: Charlie Daniels Band cancels November concert. The promoter of November’s Charlie Daniels Band concert said Thursday the band has canceled the concert due to unforeseen circumstances. Those who bought tickets at the O’Reilly Family Event Center box office will have to return the tickets in person. (Other coverage: KY3)
- KY3: Foster family earns naming rights to MSU rec center. Missouri State University’s new student recreation center will be named after Bill R. Foster, a Springfield businessman, and his family. (Other coverage: News-Leader, OzarksFirst)
- KSPR: Drury to offer scholarships to Joplin students. Drury University is offering $25,000 scholarships to students of the Joplin families who received homes as part of the “Extreme Makeover” building project. The university is also offering a $1,000 scholarship to any Joplin student who graduates in 2012.
Filed under: Drury University, Education, Entertainment, Hollister, Missouri State University, OTC | Tagged: Bill R. Foster, Charlie Daniels Band cancellation, City Utilities water tower, Freeze warning, Missouri State University recreation center, O'Reilly Family Event Center, OTC Hollister campus, St. Louis Cardinals |