Today will be sunny, with a high of 72. A string of nice days lie ahead for the Ozarks. Tomorrow will be another sunny day, with a high of 73, and the sun will remain through the weekend.
- News-Leader: Court upholds Springfield’s smoking ban. A Greene County judge has upheld the city of Springfield’s smoking ban, approved by voters in April. The ban prohibits smoking in public places and businesses. (Other coverage: OzarksFirst)
- KY3: Holiday hiring in full swing. Retailers including JCPenney and The Limited are hiring holiday workers, and some hope those part-time positions will turn into full-time jobs.
- KSPR: Thieves steal flags from Memorial Wall in Pleasant Hope. Someone has stolen U.S. and Missouri flags from the Memorial Wall in Pleasant Hope, a project to honor veterans.
- KSMU: Joplin sees 40 percent increase in domestic violence since tornado. Since the May 22 tornado, officials in Joplin have seen a 40 percent rise in domestic-violence cases.
- OzarksFirst: Parenting class aims to decrease teenage pregnancies. COPE24, which stands for Changing Our Parenting Experience, spends two weeks teaching teens about the realities of parenting.