Hope the string of nice days doesn’t bore you: Another day of clear, sunny skies, with a high of 79.
And there’s still no a rain in sight. Expect the nice days and mild temperatures to continue through at least Sunday.
- KY3: Deputy shoots man after traffic stop. Deputy shoots man after traffic stop. A man pulled over on suspicion of drunken driving late Tuesday night reportedly pulled a gun on a Greene County deputy, who shot and killed the suspect. The deputy remains on administrative leave. (Other coverage: KSPR, News-Leader, OzarksFirst)
- KSPR: Hundreds of properties in limbo at Lake of the Ozarks. Ameren, a private utility, may force some homeowners with easement problems at Lake of the Ozarks to remove structures — including houses — from the lakefront. Letters were sent to 1,200 homeowners with potential easement issues.
- OzarksFirst: Missouri National Guard expanding forces. The 35th Engineer Brigade of the Missouri National Guard is adding three units and 190 positions, mostly part-time.
- KSMU: CoxHealth expanding critical-care unit. CoxHealth has added a two-story, 30,000-square-foot expansion for its critical-care unit, which handles primarily head-injury and stroke patients.
- KY3: Man tazed by deputies dies. Authorities are investigating the death of a man who died in Camden County after being tazed by sheriff’s deputies. Glenn David Norman, 46, reportedly tried to enter a house that wasn’t his, but his girlfriend said he merely went to the wrong house. (Other coverage: KSPR)
- News-Leader: Community Focus report identifies area’s major issues. The 2011 Community Focus report, which identified major issues in the Springfield metropolitan area and Greene County, showed a marked increase in poverty since the 2009 report. Though child abuse remains a major issue, Greene County no longer tops the list of reported child abuse. (Other coverage: KSPR, KY3, OzarksFirst, KTTS)
Filed under: Crime, Health care, Lakes and rivers, Parks and recreation, Poverty | Tagged: Ameren, Camden County, child abuse, Community Focus report, CoxHealth critical-care unit, Greene County deputy, Lake of the Ozarks, man tazed, Missouri National Guard, Taser death |