Today will be sunny but windy. A high of 75 is expected, and wind gusts could reach up to 20 mph.
The rest of the week will continue to be nice, with sunny skies and warm temperatures. Highs will hit the 80s tomorrow and Thursday, but the temperature will cool off toward the weekend.
- News-Leader: Grand Crowne Resorts plans to double its workforce. Grand Crowne Resorts of Branson, a telemarketing company that sells vacation packages, is moving and expanding its Springfield office. It expects to add up to 125 jobs.
- KSPR: Postal workers plan rally outside Long’s office. A group of postal workers plan to rally outside Congressman Billy Long’s office at 4 p.m. today to seek his support for keeping the Springfield mail center open. (Other coverage: OzarksFirst)
- KY3: $20 million grant to provide job training. Community colleges around the state including Ozarks Technical Community College will be sharing a $20 million grant to help fund training for health-care careers. (Other coverage: News-Leader, OzarksFirst)
- KSMU: Sense of Community series: Balancing soldier and parent. 1st Lt. Stephanie Starkey had to spend much of her son’s first year of life serving in Iraq.
- News-Leader: Supporters tour site of proposed veterans home. James and Regina Noe hope to turn their home at 924 N. Main Ave. into a private home for military veterans.
Filed under: Economy, Education, Health care, Military | Tagged: Grand Crowne Resorts, Job-training grant, Ozarks Technical Community College, Sense of Community, Springfield postal facility, Stephanie Starkey, Veterans home |