Showers are likely today, as skies will be mostly cloudy, with a high of 66.
The clouds should clear by tonight, and the temperature will drop into the mid 40s. The nice weather should return tomorrow, with mostly sunny skies and a high of 72.
- OzarksFirst: Bass Pro Shops accused of racial discrimination by EEOC. The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has sued Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World in federal court, accusing the company of routinely bypassing black and Hispanic applicants for jobs at its retail stores. The lawsuit also alleges that the company punished employees who spoke up about the practice. (Other coverage: KSPR, KY3, News-Leader)
- KY3: Major new Republic industry hiring. McLane Co., a grocery distribution company, has begun hiring employees for its Republic distribution center.
- OzarksFirst: Local holiday hiring now under way. Bass Pro, JCPenney, and other retailers have already begun taking applications for the holiday season.
- News-Leader: Dumping incident reported at Ozark National Scenic Riverways. Officials are investigating the report of chemical dumping on the Jacks Fork Spring near Alley Spring, about 100 miles east of Springfield.
- KSMU: Operation Photo Rescue helping Joplin victims restore photos. Operation Photo Rescue, which helps restore damaged photos, will be in Joplin on Oct. 7-8 to help victims of the May tornado.
Filed under: Courts, Economy, Environment, Joplin tornado, Lakes and rivers, Republic | Tagged: Bass Pro Shops, EEOC, McLane distribution center, Operation Photo Rescue, Ozark National Scenic Riverways |