A heat advisory remains in effect for most of the Ozarks through Saturday. Be careful if you’re going to be outside for extended periods of time.
The heat wave continues today, with nary a cloud in sight. Today’s high will be 99, with a heat index reaching 104. Skies will remain clear for much of the weekend, with hot days ahead.
- KY3: Missouri attorney general investigates price-gouging claims. Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster has been investigating charity scams in the wake of the Joplin tornado and is expected to announce lawsuits today. (Other coverage: OzarksFirst, KSPR)
- OzarksFirst: Developer says Park Central Square renovations on track. The $1.8 million renovation project is about 60 percent complete, says city architect Randy Dunlap.
- KY3: Missouri teen unemployment one of the nation’s highest. At 29.8%, Missouri’s teen unemployment rate ranks eighth in the nation.
- KSMU: Contact authorities when phone line goes dead. Copper thieves are hitting telephone lines, and a call to authorities after a line goes dead can help catch culprits.
- News-Leader: Injured suspect slips out of hospital. Taney County authorities are asking for the public’s help to recapture Danny Paul Waggoner, 24, who was hospitalized in late June after he’d been shot after a burglary attempt in Powersite. He escaped from a Springfield hospital July 5.