Today’s high will be 93, with heat indexes approaching 97. But there’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms that will increase throughout the day. Otherwise, it will be partly sunny and hot. Tomorrow will have a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, with a high of 87.
- News-Leader: Greene County seeks solution to jail crowding. Greene County Jail is over capacity, and the county does not have the budget to send inmates to other counties.
- OzarksFirst: MoDOT begins installing sound barriers on 65. The Missouri Department of Transportation is installing noise-reducing barriers along U.S. Highway 65 as part of the highway improvement project.
- KY3: Springfield’s police chief reflects on first year. Police Chief Paul Williams pointed to a reduction in violent crime during his first year as one of his biggest successes.
- KSPR: Fewer than 10 homeowners interested in flood buyout. Of the 49 Taney County homeowners eligible for buyouts, fewer than 10 are signing up for the federal/local plan.
- KSMU: New mobile library begins routes in Greene County. A new vehicle called the Mobile Library will be replacing the Springfield-Greene County Library District’s 20-year-old bookmobile.