A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms remains in the forecast today. It will be mostly cloudy with a high of 70. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
Tomorrow will be partly sunny and cooler, with a high of 61. Sunday will be more of the same and slightly cooler, with a high of 59.
- News-Leader: Hospital fires six employees after death investigation. CoxHealth fired six employees and overhauled its psychiatric patients after a suicide at Cox North late last year.
- OzarksFirst [KOLR/KSFX]: Task force looks for revenue boosters for JQH Arena. Among the ideas: reduce seat prices, bring in more concerts, and sell alcohol at basketball games. (Other coverage: News-Leader, KY3, KSPR)
- KSPR: Suspect charged in Missouri S&T gun incident. Cody Willcoxson is being held in lieu of $1 million bail for shooting at officers and bringing an AK-47 onto a college campus. (Other coverage: KY3, News-Leader, OzarksFirst)
- KSMU: CU picks insider as general manager. The Board of Public Utilities has chosen Scott Miller as City Utilities’ next general manager, replacing John Twitty. Miller serves as CU’s associate general manager. (Other coverage: KSPR, KY3, News-Leader, OzarksFirst)
- KY3: Osage Beach gets public opinion about a possible smoking ban. About 50 people showed up to a town-hall meeting with the Osage Beach Board of Aldermen; 34 were for a smoking ban, while 15 were against.