There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today. Skies will be partly sunny with a high of 83. It will be breezy, with gusts of up to 21 mph.
Rain chances linger through Saturday, and temperatures will cool down as we head into the weekend.
- OzarksFirst [KOLR/KSFX]: Benefit concert to help Branson victims. A concert and auction all day today at Waxy O’Shea’s at Branson Landing will benefit victims of the recent Taney County flooding.
- KY3: EPA takes water samples in the Rogersville area. More than a year after trichloroethylene was found in area wells, a search for the chemical source continues.
- News-Leader: YMCA opposes park district’s family center project. Y CEO Brad Toft says the Springfield-Greene County Park Board doesn’t need to build a family center six minutes away from the Pat Jones Y in south Springfield.
- KSPR: New Springfield brewery set to open. Mother’s Brewery, a locally owned craft brewery in Springfield, plans to host a number of tasting events in the coming days.
- News-Leader: Nursing-home death under investigation. Authorities are investigating the death of an 81-year-old woman who died after crawling out of a window at the Springfield Skilled Care Center.
- OzarksFirst: Proposed school budget focuses on teacher pay, benefits. The new budget for the Springfield School District shows an expected $2 million increase in revenue next year. (Other coverage: News-Leader, KSPR)