Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high of 47.
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms moves into the forecast tomorrow. Tomorrow’s high will be 55. The skies will clear out tomorrow night, however, making way for a nice weekend.
- KSMU: More jobs headed to Springfield. Performance Food Group plans to expand its 80,000-square-foot distribution facility at Chestnut Expressway and Interstate 44. The company plans to add 50 jobs over the next five years. (Other coverage: KY3)
- OzarksFirst [KOLR/KSFX]: Expansion of rural Missouri broadband deemed a necessity. A group called MoBroadbandNow is assessing the state of Missouri’s broadband infrastructure and usage.
- KY3: Mountain lion seen in the Missouri Ozarks. The Missouri Department of Conservation has confirmed that a mountain lion was sighted in March in Rover, the first confirmed sighting in the Missouri Ozarks since 2006.
- KSPR: City Utilities down to six finalists. Springfield City Utilities has narrowed the field of general-manager candidates to six, but the chairman of the CU’s board is not releasing their names.
- News-Leader: Cox or St. John’s? Some now have insurance plans that let them choose. Two health plans in the Ozarks are allowing their customers to choose Cox or St. John’s for their health needs.